Friday, January 10, 2020

Hello, Worm.

So, I've decided to start a blog. I like writing, and I like talking about stuff I love, so fuck it why not. Especially since I'm going to be trying to get into a bunch of good habits this upcoming year, so adding "one blog post a week" sounds like just another good thing to keep me occupied.

This year, on top of my really nice class schedule, I'm trying to work ~30 hours a week (need that moolah) and read at least 30 mins a day. I also would like to get in either a volume of manga/comic books or a 30-minute episode of anime or TV in a day. Obviously for reading I'm hopefully going to hit more than 30 minutes, but hey who knows!

I also want to try and downsize my time spent on social media and technology. I'm gonna be playing League of Legends around two to three times a week, but outside of hanging out with friends I don't want to be playing too many video games. I feel it would be more proactive to put my time spent playing video games towards either reading, writing, or working on videos.

I just want to be, in general, thinking less about technology. Which, to me basically means just moving over to the dark side and using Apple products. I got myself a nice MacBook Pro so I can just open it, use it for what I need, and close it without needing to mess around with my huge-ass Windows laptop. I am going to be trying to get an iPhone since those things are idiot-proof and less "complicated" than Androids.

I also want to write more, hence the blog. But I also want to write more fiction. My goal, by the end of the year, is to hit 50k+ words written of pure fiction. I'm going to be writing plenty of nonfiction by virtue of my class load this upcoming semester, but fiction is always fun and I always wish I that I write more so like, why not.

On top of all of that shit I am going to be watching what I eat and trying to get some more movement into my daily schedule. No more soda! Also keeping my finances more in check. Buying less stuff, especially less food. All that fun, starry-eyed New Years Resolution-type bullshittery.

What else, what else. Nothing else I really think I need to put on the table. So this in turn begs the question, what will I blog about? Who knows! But I will blog about something. That much I know.

- Jan 10th, 2020

1 comment: